Day 23 of #365DaysOfGrowth, and today I’m sharing a recent change that’s been a game-changer for balancing my work life with being a present parent: setting up a mini-office near my kids’ school. I tell my kids that it is our office since we are working on something together as well — nutschool.com.
Why a Mini-Office? The idea struck me during one of those hectic days, juggling work deadlines and school runs. I needed a solution that allowed me to be productive and still be close to my kids. The answer? A small, dedicated workspace near their school.
Setting It Up:
– Finding the Right Spot: I looked for a quiet, convenient spot close to the school. It had to be a place where I could focus but also quickly step out if needed.
– Essentials Only: The office is minimal – just the essentials. A desk, reliable internet, my laptop, and a few personal touches to make it feel like a space where I can be productive.
– Flexibility and Accessibility: This setup gives me the flexibility to work in between school runs. I’m close by if my kids need me, and I can maximize my work hours without the long commute.
Impact on Work-Life Balance:
– Increased Productivity: Without the distractions of home or a long commute, I find myself more focused and productive.
– Being Present: I’m just minutes away from my kids’ school, making it easy to attend school events or be there in case of an emergency.
– Personal Satisfaction: This arrangement is a daily reminder that I’m doing my best to balance my professional ambitions with my role as a father.
Invitation for Thoughts:
– How do you manage work and family responsibilities?
– Have you made any unique changes to improve your work-life balance?
– What tips do you have for parents trying to juggle a career and family?
Finding this mini-office has been a small but significant step towards better balancing my roles as a freelancer and a dad. It’s about making choices that align with your priorities and finding creative solutions to everyday challenges.
#DailyInsightWithMike #MikeGrowsDaily #365DayLinkedInChallenge #WorkLifeBalance